Feast your eyes on Austin FC’s 2022 regular season schedule. There’s a lot to like about El Tree’s calendar in year two of their MLS campaign.
Five favorable things about the 2022 schedule
- We can actually start planning home tailgates and away trips with ample notice. The 2022 schedule was released months in advance, instead of mere weeks, like last year.
- We can count the number of weekday games on one hand: one Tuesday match, three Wednesday matches, and one Thursday match. (That one Friday match against LAFC in August is a bona fide weekend in our book.) That makes the brutal short-rest, midweek matches few and far between this season.
- We’re set up for three easy wins in the first three games: FC Cincy (Home), Inter Miami (Home), and Portland (Away)…LOL
- It may be totally selfish on our part, but with the early start this year, we’ll be exactly halfway (17 games) into the season before we hit the brutally hot month of July in Austin.
- ATXFC plays eight teams (Eastern conference) for the first time ever: FC Cincinnati, Inter Miami CF, Orlando City SC, NY Red Bulls, D.C. United, CF Montréal, Charlotte FC, Atlanta United FC. Three of these teams were in the 2021 playoffs.
Bonus: Austin FC’s longest road stretch extends just three games (June 30 to July 9), compared to a harsh eight-game road trip to start the season last year.
With a more balanced out-of-conference schedule this year, Copa Tejas derby matches will be limited to two games apiece against Texas rivals Houston Dynamo and FC Dallas. Eastern conference foe Columbus Crew drops off the schedule completely in 2022.
Austin FC 2022 Home and Away Schedule
Do yourself a favor and also watch this gem of a schedule release by the ATXFC media squad.
Purchase 2022 Austin FC single match tickets through SeatGeek. (Use code CAPCITYSOCCER for $20 off your first SeatGeek order.)
What do you think of the 2022 regular season schedule for Austin FC?
If you purchase through our links, we earn a commission that will support content like this that we create on the site.