Sitting With the Plastics, McKalla is Sold Out, Guarani is Austin’s Team, And More: September 8, 2020 Capital City Soccer Show

 

Show notes for the September 8 episode of the Capital City Soccer Show, your independent source for news, analysis and interviews about Austin FC, hosted by Landon Cotham and Jeremiah Bentley.

Episodes available here and in all your favorite podcasting apps.

Minnesota United Review, Jhohan's Improvement, San Jose and Houston Tactical Previews, and more Moontower Soccer: An Austin FC Podcast

Jeremiah is out of town so Landon the birthday boy is joined by Chris Welhausen to recap the Minnesota United game. Other topics include:-Did Austin actually perform well?-Romaña showing signs of improvement-Cecilio's off night not good enough-Driussi and Diego quietly good-"Ref, you suck!"-Update on Kervin Arriaga rumor-Academy and Owen Wolff update-San Jose and Houston Previews (55:28)-What will rotation look like this week?-MoreYou can find more detailed show notes at The Striker Texas. Remember to rate, review, and subscribe to the show at moontowersoccer.com or via your favorite podcasting app.This episode is brought to you by FVF LawUse offer code GOAL to save 10% at teardroppepperco.com

Cecilio Dominguez to Guarani

Cecilio Dominguez and Rodney Redes will get a jump start on developing chemistry together. Austin FC announced the loan of Dominguez to Paraguayan Club Guarani for the remainder of 2020. Austin fans will have the opportunity to get a peek at both players during Copa Libertadores, which starts in mid-September.

McKalla Stadium is Sold Out

The club also announced that season memberships are sold out. This means that approximately 75% of the seats at McKalla will be occupied by season ticket holders. The other 25% will be held back for single game sales. Austin FC also announced the initial benefits for members on the season ticket wait list.

Dell Loy Hansen Out at Real Salt Lake

In response to the shooting of Jacob Blake, MLS players joined professional athletes in other leagues in a general strike. RSL owner Dell Loy Hansen responded by saying that he felt disrespected by the protest. Major League Soccer stepped in shortly thereafter to encourage Hansen to divest himself of ownership of RSL, along with the NWSL and USL franchises that he owns. Sam Stejskal covers the topic extensively in the Athletic. Extra Time also interviewed several players for a response.

Interview: Meredith Miklasz

Meredith is the co-founder of The Plastics SG. The group was formed to “create space for supporters of all MLS/NWSL/USL teams who are women, trans, nonbinary, and/or identify as queer. Through organization and activism, we aim to counter inequality and foster inclusivity within MLS/NWSL/USL supporters culture.” Landon and Jeremiah interviewed Meredith about the goals of the group, along with her own personal story as a soccer fan. Meredith also discussed Austin FC supporters group Los Verdes, which is the first official affiliate for The Plastics.

You can keep up with both Meredith and The Plastics SG on Twitter. Meredith also recently published a piece about her mother, a soccer pioneer in her own right.

On the Next Episode

Landon & Jeremiah plan to discuss potential Mexican National Team players for Austin FC on the next episode.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s