One of the most unique things about Austin FC’s stadium site is all the local breweries within walking distance. To prep for the inaugural season (call it pre-pregaming), we went to seven North Austin breweries—all within a mile or so from the stadium.
On match day, you’ll get a one-of-a-kind pregame experience at any of these breweries—downing delicious pints of local beer, wearing your Austin FC jersey, and talking about the beautiful game with fellow fans of the Black & Verde.
With that said, here’s how these breweries can show the love for Austin FC fans:
- Match day beer specials
- Short lines
- Austin FC memorabilia on display
- Game day parking
- TVs, TVs, TVs
Keep an eye out for these breweries to host watch parties for road games (or home games when you can’t score a ticket).
To be clear, this isn’t a full “where to watch the match” listicle. You can find Austin FC’s pub club partners here.
Note: Walking times to the stadium are estimates.
2314 Rutland Dr #100, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 0.5 miles (10 minute walk)
Artsy-fartsy Adelberts does ATX brewing weird with Flyin’ Monks, Naked Nuns, and the Philosophizer. Belgian-style ale flows from 12+ taps—to be sipped and savored while eyeing the local art installation. Scattered oak barrel tables make way for foosball, darts, and arcade games in a quaint taproom. On the doorstep of McKalla Place road.
- Core beer(s): Naked Nun Wit, Tripel B Tripel Ale, Philosophizer Saison Ale, Scratchin’ Hippo Amber Red
- Soccer Beer: ¡Dale!, Mexican Lager
- High octane beer: Flyin’ Monks Quadrupel (10.9% ABV)
- Food truck: Hot Box Diner (burgers, chicken, queso)
- Parking: Fills up quickly when people are thirsty
3001 Industrial Terrace, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 1.2 miles (24 minute walk)
ABW is a former Austin FC meet & greet locale for good reason. A wall of 20 taps dutifully include 6 core beers—but don’t dare pass on their hair-brained rotating brews conjured up for taproom drinkers. Speaking of said taproom, can we agree to make up a new word like “taphanger” to describe it? Proving ABW is LISTOS, they have turned their OG taproom into the Verde Room complete with three 75″ TVs inside and out. Farthest of the bunch from McKalla, transportation must be wrangled to the stadium on match day.
- Core beer(s): Amber Vision Ale, Peacemaker Ale, Pearl-Snap Pils, Fire Eagle IPA, Flavor Country Ale
- Soccer Beer: Rotating beer in commemorative can for each home match (Limit 2 per customer)
- High octane beer: Gold Fist Pale Ale (9.0% ABV)
- Food truck: Can-Tina Food Trailer (burgers, sausages, tacos)
- Parking: Surrounding industrial emptiness makes for great weekend parking
10001 Metric Blvd, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 0.8 miles (17 minute walk)
Celis is the OG craft brewery in Austin. Nuff said. After disappearing in the 2000s because of some big beer conglomerate bullshit, this Belgian-style brewhouse is back and locally-owned. Harkening to its Central TX roots, a limestone and oak-accented taproom encompasses a circular copper-capped bar in the middle. It’s the best venue of the bunch for game-watching—three large, sufficiently-elevated TVs make for good soccer viewing, plus a new outdoor beer garden open just in time for home games.
- Core beer(s): Celis White Witbier, Celis Juicy IPA, Celis Pale Bock
- High octane beer: Celis Grand Cru Tripel Ale (8.6% ABV)
- Food truck: Backdraft Pizzeria
- Parking: Head straight to the overflow parking next door for a spot
12340 W. Braker Ln, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 0.4 miles (8 minute walk)
Ironically, you enter Circle through a square. A large open air entrance brings you face-to-face with a long wooden bar in this small, no frills taproom. Get hopped up on one of their many IPAs, or go for the Texas Hefe when it’s hella hot. Located in an industrial cul-de-sac, picnic tables and parking are plentiful outside. Just a hop-skip down Braker to the stadium site.
- Core beer(s): Alibi Blond, Blur Texas Hefe, Envy Amber, Ladybird IPA
- Soccer Beer: Austin Anthem Ale
- High octane beer: Party Pig Imperial Porter (9.0% ABV)
- Food truck: Huckleberry (Seafood)
- Parking: Ample parking in large industrial lot
Hopsquad Brewing Co.
2307 Kramer Ln, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 0.5 miles (10 minute walk)
Hopsquad Brewing Website
Was it Professor Pleasant with the pale ale at the bar? Or Comtesse de Duval with the saison on the patio? In this whodunit for your taste buds, every beer in Hopsquad has its own character. No mystery about where these beers reside though. A bright, cheery exterior beckons you into an airy industrial taproom outfitted with picnic tables, clusters of colorful lounging chairs, and the obligatory foosball table. Hopsquad entices EPL viewers on weekend mornings with a large screen TV showing the matches.
- Core beer(s): Lord Zanate IPA, Professor Pleasant Pale Ale, Comtesse de Duval Saison, Dutchess of Oltorf Roggenbier, Doctor Montopolis Pils
- Soccer Beer: Zapatista Mexican Lager
- High octane beer: Lord Zanate IPA (6.9% ABV)
- Food truck: Kasey’s
- Parking: Small lot in back so park next door (by Circle Brewing)
Oskar Blues Brewery
10420 Metric Blvd, 78758 | Distance to Stadium: 0.8 miles (17 minute walk)
Oskar Blues Website
Not born in Texas, but Oskar Blues got here as fast as it could. Its 50,000 feet of indoor drinking space beats the airy conditioned sq. footage of any neighboring drinking hole. A specimen of a bar serves up a dozen of their own beers as well as rotating guest brews. Small TVs perch atop either end of the bar, but the kicker is its music stage. (Game day warm-up spot for future supporters’ group songs?) Outside drinking oasis too.
- Core beer(s): Dale’s Pale Ale, Mama’s Little Yella Pils, Death By Coconut Porter
- High octane beer: Ten Fidy Stout (10.5% ABV)
- Food truck: Wunder Pig Barbecue
- Parking: Parking to spare on either side of the building
Bonus: Q2 Beer Hall
Besides all the breweries within walking distance, the Q2 Beer Hall located in the North end of Q2 Stadium usually opens a couple hours before the match. Although the tap wall mostly dominated by the obligatory AB InBev beers (Bud Light, Heineken, Dos XX), you’ll also find these local brews:
- 4th Tap Brewing Co-Op Black Pumas (Stay Gold)
- Austin Eastciders Pineapple
- Circle Brewing Blur
- Pinthouse Pizza Electric Jellyfish
- Thirsty Planet Brewing Thirsty Goat